Our private hairdressing courses are for those who wish to learn to become a hairdresser and gain a qualification without doing an apprenticeship. Train to be a hairdresser at your own pace.
Our private hairdressing courses appeals to mature students and adults who are keen to gain a quick hairdressing qualification and learn in a more focused environment. Fast track your way to hair excellence.
When is the course:
The course srtarts 6th September
How much is the course:
The cost of the Andrew Collinge Training private course in Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals (previously NVQ2) is £4,000 (inc. VAT). This sum will cover:
- City & Guilds registration certificate, E-portfolio license and use
- Andrew Collinge on certificate as part of enrichment
- Training and Assessment
- Salon workplace review
- E-Portfolio licence and use
Only other additional cost:
Purchase of Hairdressing KIT for own use = £220.00
Are there payment options:
Yes. You can choose to pay in installments (£2,000 on enrollment plus KIT payment then £1,200 end of first term and £1,000 end of second term). Some students also choose to take out a career development loan with a reputable bank to cover the amount of the course.
What qualification will a private course give me?
- A City & Guilds recognised Level 2 Hairdressing Professional Diploma
- On successful completion, you will be a competent and confident commercial hairdresser
What would I need to commit time-wise?
You would need to commit 3 days per week
- 1 day of classroom led knowledge and skill development
- 1 day of practical, commercial hairdressing in the Andrew Collinge Training salon
- 1 day unpaid work experience in a partner salon
How is a private course different from an apprenticeship?
- A private course is funded by yourself
- You will not be employed by a salon on a private course
- Delivery will focus on achievement of the Level 2 Hairdressing Diploma only (no wider apprenticeship curriculum requirements)
- There is no requirement for Maths and English functional skills
- The planned duration of the course is shorter – typically 12-14 months versus 24 months for an apprenticeship
- Limited class size – maximum of 8 students
- You will be able to attend Masterclasses by the Andrew Collinge Creative Team (two per calendar year)
What will the training cover?
- Client consultation
- Some basic cutting
- Client Care
- Cutting & Colouring
What can I expect?
- Outstanding quality of training with particular focus on creativity and the standard of commercial hairdressing skills and ability.
- Limited number of students per tutor – maximum 8-10 in group.
- Likely student group will be mixed ages so you are not in a class full of 16-18 year olds.
- Delivery provided by current commercial stylists who are aware of client needs, hairdressing trends, new techniques and the skills required to maintain success.