Re-Opening of our Training salons
Our Birkenhead and Bold Street Training salons will reopen 6 July 2020. The salon teams are really looking forward to reopening and seeing our clients.
We have introduced new safety measures and procedural changes to make your visit to the salon as safe as possible
- There will be a hand-sanitiser station on entry
- Visible floor markings, reception screens and prominent signage
- We will be maintaining physical distancing by using only a limited amount of styling stations and back washes
- Opening times and stylist shifts will be adapted so we will be able to limit the amount of people in our salons at any one time
- All communication with stylists will be done via the mirror to avoid face-to-face communication
- Frequent surface cleaning, including disinfecting chairs and styling stations after each use
- Disinfecting hairdressing tools before and after use
- Using disposable towels
- Using disposable gowns
- Hand washing and hand-sanitising protocols
- Stylists and apprentices to wear PPE where close proximity cannot be avoided
- Toilets will be available and regularly cleaned and disinfected.
We also would like to request you to make some adjustments during your visit:
- We may ask you to wait outside until the time of your appointment so that we can maintain physical distancing in the waiting area
- Waiting areas are much reduced, please do not bring anyone with you (with the exception of carers and parents of children with appointments)
- We will temporarily cease the serving of refreshments, please bring a water bottle or a take-away drink with you
- Please bring as few personal items as possible, such as coats or shopping bags
- We may ask you to wear a face covering that attaches behind the ears, but we will be advised by the current Government guidance at the time of opening
- You will receive a text from us prior to your appointment confirming the date and time as well giving out important Health & Safety information in relation to your visit
During these unprecedented times, the protection and wellbeing of our employees and our clients is paramount and we will continue to assess things and make any necessary changes as and when needed.
The Current Situation for Apprentices
- Our Liverpool and Birkenhead Training Schools will be closed from Monday 23 March. All apprentices have been contacted and should not attend on their respective training day.
- Apprentices should speak with their employer and attend their employer’s salon (if still open) on the day that they would have been at the Andrew Collinge Training School
- Apprentices will receive assignments from the Andrew Collinge Training Team
- Apprentices should continue practicing their hairdressing skills in their employer’s salon (if still open)
- Andrew Collinge Training will communicate with apprentices and employers when we know what date the training schools will reopen
- We are still accepting applications for apprentices. If you would like to apply, please visit our application page. There you can watch our Virtual Open Evening and apply for an apprenticeship. Please note, video interviews will take place instead of face to face interviews.