For those that wish to learn to become a hairdresser and gain a qualification without doing an apprenticeship Andrew Collinge Training run a private training course. Our private course appeals to slightly older students that are keen to gain a qualification quickly and learn in a more focused environment.
The cost of the Andrew Collinge Training private course in Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals (previously NVQ2) is £4,000.00 (inc VAT). This sum will cover:
- Registration and Certification fees
- Training and Assessment
- Salon workplace review
- E-Portfolio licence and use
What you will gain:
- Hairdressing training leading to achievement of Level 2 Hairdressing Professional Diploma
- On successful completion you will be a competent and confident commercial hairdresser.
Benefits of training with Andrew Collinge Training:
- Proven track record of over 30 years in providing high-quality hairdressing training
- Our Training Salons are commercial environments where you will be able to practice on real clients
- Delivery is provided by current commercial stylists who are aware of client needs, hairdressing trends, new techniques and the skills required to maintain success
- Andrew Collinge own certificates as part of enrichment: Reception & Makeup application
- Access to your own E-Portfolio account
- 3 days per week
- 1 day of classroom led knowledge and skill development
- 1 day of practical, commercial hairdressing in the Andrew Collinge Training salon
- 1 day unpaid work experience in a partner salon
Differences between a hairdressing apprenticeship and a private course:
- Funded by yourself
- You will not be employed by a salon
- Delivery will focus on achievement of the Level 2 Hairdressing Diploma only (no wider apprenticeship curriculum requirements)
- There is no requirement for Maths and English functional skills
- The planned duration of the course is shorter – typically 12-14 months versus 24 months for an apprenticeship
- Limited class size – maximum of 8 students
- You will be able to attend Masterclasses by the Andrew Collinge Creative Team (two per calendar year)
You will be expected to purchase a Training KIT costing £200.00, which will provide all the necessary equipment you will require throughout course duration.
We are now recruiting. If you are interested in applying, don't hesitate to contact us.
Places are limited so we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.