Key Facts about Apprenticeships
Apprenticeships are a great way to earn while you learn. As an Apprentice with Andrew Collinge Training you’ll train alongside experienced stylists and gain skills in hairdressing while you work towards an Diploman. We aim to give you the knowledge and skills to leap start your career in Hairdressing. Here are a few key facts about apprenticeships that you should consider.
Key facts about Apprenticeships
- Apprenticeship participation now stands at a record level - 899,400 funded apprentices participated on an apprenticeship in the 2015 to 2016 academic year.
- After finishing, the majority of apprentices (90%) stay in employment (including 2% self-employed), with seven in ten (71%) staying with the same employer.
- 46% of apprentices had received a pay rise since completing their apprenticeship.
- Apprentices are most satisfied with the relevance of their training (89%), the quality of training (87%), their assessment on the job (86%) and the quality of feedback (86%).
- A quarter of former apprentices had been promoted (23%) within 12 months of finishing and after finishing, 7 in 10 apprentices (77%) stay with the same employer.
- A national survey showed that 85% of apprentices said their ability to do the job had improved, and 83% of apprentices said their career prospects had improved.
- On average, individuals with an advanced apprenticeship earn between £77,000 and £117,000 more over their lifetime than similar individuals with Level 2 qualifications.
- Those completing a higher apprenticeship could see increased earnings of an estimated £150,000 over their lifetime.