Temporary Closure of all Salons and Andrew Collinge Training Schools
All Andrew Collinge salons are temporarily closed. We have taken this decision for the health of our clients, employees, their families, and also our responsibility to the wider community to ensure that social distancing is effective at combating the spread of Coronavirus.
We will endeavour to contact clients by telephone to cancel appointments that have been made in the upcoming weeks. Unfortunately, it will not be possible to book future appointments until we know the date salons will reopen.
We would like to thank all our employees for their commitment and diligence over the last few weeks during these exceptional times.
We look forward to welcoming all our clients back to our salons soon and we thank you for your understanding and we wish you well.
The Current Situation for Apprentices
- Our Liverpool and Birkenhead Training Schools will be closed from Monday 23 March. All apprentices have been contacted and should not attend on their respective training day.
- Apprentices should speak with their employer and attend their employer’s salon (if still open) on the day that they would have been at the Andrew Collinge Training School
- Apprentices will receive assignments from the Andrew Collinge Training Team
- Apprentices should continue practicing their hairdressing skills in their employer’s salon (if still open)
- Andrew Collinge Training will communicate with apprentices and employers when we know what date the training schools will reopen
- We are still accepting applications for apprentices. If you would like to apply, please visit our application page. There you can watch our Virtual Open Evening and apply for an apprenticeship. Please note, video interviews will take place instead of face to face interviews.
Hygiene is critical
Hygiene has always been something we have taken seriously in our salons. It has always been our practice to disinfect our tools regularly and over the last few weeks we have increased the frequency in which we do this. We have also increased the frequency that we disinfect common touch points such as doors and surfaces. All employees have been instructed to wash their hands on arriving and at leaving work, and throughout the day. We invite clients to use our facilities to wash their hands.
Symptoms and Self-isolation
If any Andrew Collinge Employee, or anyone in their household, have either a raised temperature and/or have a continuous cough they will self-isolate for 14 days from when the symptoms started. Similarly, if clients were to display either of the symptoms on arriving at a salon, we would ask them to follow the same advice.
We’ll continue to update our safety measure following the Government advice and our own risk assessments.
Thank you for your support and helping us in our effort of keeping everyone safe.
UK Government advice followed from gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance